Tim was working in customer support for a cloud service provider before “the cloud” as a concept even existed. Today, he helps Scale Factory customers understand and improve their platforms.
Tim is comfortable getting to grips with customer architectures based on open source technologies and the wider ecosystem that uses them. He’s won awards for contributions to CNCF projects that include Kubernetes, where he’s a technical lead for the documentation Special Interest Group.
Before joining the team, Tim worked at Capita, where he was involved in digital infrastructure projects for clients ranging from FTSE 100 companies and banks to public sector organisations. At The Scale Factory, Tim has built on that experience of regulated secure environments, and often works on projects in this area.
Tim's Blog Posts
- How To Handle Noisy SaaS Tenants on AWS ()
- The case for managed backups ()
- AWS technology to keep your secrets secure ()
- Security by design for cloud secrets ()
- A Decade Of DynamoDB ()
- Security groups are not rule sets ()
- Configure Git to merge using ort ()
- Why use Kubernetes? ()
- Building better monoliths ()
- Decoupling from the cloud ()
- The cost of not going cloud native ()
- The 12 Factor Container ()
- Git tips and tricks ()
- AWS Security Features for SaaS Workloads ()
- Cloud Tenancy Types to Suit Everyone ()
- Using Multiple kubectl Versions with Minimal Faff ()
- Writing Command Line Tools for the Future ()
- To Swap or Not ()
Got secure data to send? Use Tim's PGP public key.